At Hoosier Family Eyecare, Dr. Lloyd K. DeWar Jr. and our entire Ellettsville optometry team are committed to providing advanced vision care in a professional and comfortable environment. As an optometrist in Ellettsville, our primary eye care service includes a complete eye exam that analyzes eye health and vision function. In addition to eye exams and vision testing, Dr. DeWar Jr. and our team of optometry professionals provide testing for glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration. Our Ellettsville optometrist also offers glasses, contact lenses, and pre- and post-operative care.
Dr. DeWar Jr. and the Hoosier Family Eyecare team take even routine eye exams very seriously. During a yearly or bi-yearly examination, our Ellettsville patients will receive a patient history review, a series of vision and eye tests, assessments of eye focusing and movement, and an eye health evaluation. Our optometrist will discuss any additional testing that may be required to diagnose an eye disease or condition. Call us a today at 812-876-6899 to schedule an appointment.
Not sure that glasses are for you? Ask our Ellettsville staff about contact lenses. Advances in the field of optometry have produced a variety of different types of contact lenses with a range of benefits. Rigid gas-permeable (RGP), daily-wear soft, extended-wear, extended-wear disposable, and planned replacement are the various types of contact lens options available today. Our Ellettsville optometrist will discuss the various options with you to determine which type will best fit your needs and lifestyle. Schedule your examination today by calling 812-876-6899. They are many advantages to consider when determining if contact lenses are right for you and our knowledgeable staff is here to answer any questions.
Other Services, but not limited to:
- Visual Acuity Screening
- Glaucoma Screening and Monitoring (pressure check)
- Frame Selection
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Visual Fields Screening and Analysis
- Cataract, Lasik and other pre and post operative care
- Blood pressure screening and Hypertensive Retinopathy Evaluation/Monitoring
- Diabetic Retinopathy Evaluation/Monitoring
- Color Vision Analysis
- Depth Perception Analysis
- Pediatric Vision and Eye Health Exams - Recommended at 6 months of age
- State of the art digital lens options including Shamir's Autograph II and III lenses for progressives, single vision, and even wrapped style sunglasses
- Safety glasses
- Sports eyewear
- After hours and same day emergency services
- Friendly service